Sunday, July 12, 2009

Why does my Windows XP “Windows Task Manager” still show Page Filing after I delete the page file from C?

I have 1GB of RAM memory that I installed in an attempt to speed up my computer by getting rid of the “Page Fault” interrupts and paging out to “virtual memory” using the slow hard disk page file.





Why does my Windows XP Home “Windows Task Manager” (accessed by CTRL-ALT-DEL keys) Performance TAB still show Page File usage of over 600MB (also shows as ongoing “Page Faults” on the Processes TAB) after I totally delete the pagefile.sys disk file from my Hard Disk?





I deleted the pagefile on the hard disk as follows:





1. Used the START/CONTROL PANEL/SYSTEM path to access the “System Properties” pop-up window, then clicked on the Advanced TAB and then the SETTINGS button in the Performance area.





2. Clicked on the ADVANCED TAB here, then the CHANGE button to access the “Virtual Memory” area where the disk Page File size and location are set up.





3. Selected the C: drive, clicked on the “no paging file” Radio button and then the SET button. Repeat this procedure for all hard d

Why does my Windows XP “Windows Task Manager” still show Page Filing after I delete the page file from C?
Windows probs finks u need it or has just not updated in task manager. try restart. if not leave it. windows does normally do the best thing for speed

jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment