Sunday, July 12, 2009

How can I remove a HP Folder from Program Files on my C Drive it refuses to delete + I need to get it all out?

I have had to uninstall a HP All in One but cannot re-install. I have run all the removal tools but the HP file in Program Files still shows all the files. I get a message to say it cannot be deleted because it is either protected or in use by another program which I know its not. If I run a search of files and folders on HP I get 1932 files most of which are HP cache files or C:1386 files and driver files. There must be some way of getting these out of my system? Is it easier to just do a regedit and just delete the HP and Hewlet Packard entries from the registry?

How can I remove a HP Folder from Program Files on my C Drive it refuses to delete + I need to get it all out?
boot in safe mode to delete it


you can also use ccleaner after booting in safe mode


http://bestofrest.blogspot.com/2006/11/c...
Reply:Thanks for your help I did as you suggested and it got rid of the Hp File in the program Folder and cleaned up with the tool but still have 1500 or so of the 1932 files left which are mainly different kinds of driver files. How do i get rid of those? Report It


garland flower

No comments:

Post a Comment