Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Can I delete the File: IEXPLORE.EXE-27122324.pf & delete the Folder: C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch?

My Windows XP has three seperate iexplore.exe files.


If I try to open IEXPLORE.EXE-27122324.pf I receive a message saying, "Windows cannot open this file. Windows needs to know what application created it. Click to search for an application."


When I try to open the other two files I receive a message that these files are part of the OS %26amp; should not be opened.


If I delete the first file will this eliminate the problem or just create new problems?

Can I delete the File: IEXPLORE.EXE-27122324.pf %26amp; delete the Folder: C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch?
The Prefetch folder contains information regarding the optimal disk layout of program files so they launch quicker. You may delete all those files, but XP will rebuild that folder so that your computer runs as efficiently as possible. After deleting the prefetch files, your computer's performance will suffer slightly until the prefetch folder is rebuilt. It takes approximately three computer reboots to properly rebuild the prefetch folder contents.





Regards EDD
Reply:try instaling the ie from windows home page mabe??


No comments:

Post a Comment