Sunday, July 12, 2009

How do I totally delete my C: drive, and promote my D:(slave) drive to the master drive?

I had windows xp home edition pre-installed on my Sony Vaio, on the C: drive, and somehow it stopped loading windows at all, so I ordered all the recovery disks from Sony, and it still didn't work, so I used a friends windows xp disk and installed in on the slave drive (D:) and while it does work, it works very slowly and sluggishly.





The C: drive is all but erased, with the exception of a few system files that cannot be removed (at least, I can't).





I basically think that the windows files that are on my C: drive (which are "preinstall environment files) are somehow slowing up the other copy of windows xp that I am able to use on the slave drive. I want to totally remove all traces of the pre-installed windows xp home.

How do I totally delete my C: drive, and promote my D:(slave) drive to the master drive?
You can format any drive by way of "Command Prompt"....by typing \%26gt;(no space) format (space) (whatever the indicated drive you want to format (e.g.C..D..E etc. Or you can do it via a Windows OS installation disk.


However you can install TWO drives on one ribbon HD cable (that ribbon cable has an extra female plug for attaching another. HD).as long as you adjust the "jumper" settings (as shown on the drives themselves) to one "master" and the other to "slave" otherwise your PC will not recognise them


No comments:

Post a Comment